PROJECTS (includes past and ongoing issues)
- Downtown Hotel Expansion: Coordinated all of the government relations and
business/community outreach for the Seattle Sheraton’s Hotel & Towers 2nd Tower project.
- Fiber-Optics Firm in Maryland: Secured a City of Seattle ordinance and contract for the client.
- Industrial Property Owners Group in Seattle: Worked successfully with over 40 industrial property owners opposed to a
proposed neighborhood land use plan that would have down-zoned their property. The plan was subsequently changed in
accordance with the client’s goals.
- Industrial Property Owners in Ballard (Seattle): Worked with a broad coalition of businesses, unions,
associations and others to address a proposed bike route that would adversely impact a heavily industrial/maritime area.
- Professional Athletes: Provided guidance to basketball players Jason Terry and Doug Christie to facilitate the
allocation of funds from the clients’ respective foundations to programs in the central and southeast areas of Seattle.
- Real Estate Development in Tacoma: Developed a business, government, and community affairs plan to assist the
client after they purchased properties in Pierce County.
- Cadillac Hotel Restoration: Resolved land use issues impeding the rehabilitation of this historic building heavily
damaged by the 2001 Nisqually Earthquake.
- View Issues: Worked to resolve an issue in the Pike/Pine neighborhood that would have impeded a client’s
- Transfer Development Rights: Worked with a coalition of businesses and housing advocates to amend the TDR Program
part of Seattle’s “Downtown Plan” enabling more flexibility in downtown commercial development while simultaneously helping to meet the city’s housing needs.
- Business Association: Developed a media relations campaign to increase and improve the press coverage of business
activity along the Aurora Avenue corridor.